It's 2012 everyone! Hope you all had an amazing holiday! I did, I am so grateful for the family and friend's in my life, I love them all!
Here is me playing with my Christmas/Kwanzaa gift my parents got me, the Iphone 4s baby!
I have been seeing a lot of new year's resolutions on facebook and twitter. I have been anti-New Year's resolution. They are broken so quickly and consistently that we make them without any expectation whatsoever that we’ll still be doing them come February. I overheard a conversation on the bus a few days ago where a man basically told his friend his New Year’s Resolution was to exercise more, but he probably wouldn’t because “you know how New Year’s Resolutions are.” So he literally told his resolution and that he also wouldn’t keep it in once sentence! Ha ha! The mindset with which people approach their New Year’s Resolutions is all wrong.
I offer you all an alternative: Anti-resolutions: add something to your life.
Here are a few of mine:
- Sleep more
- Smile when I wake up
- Get a mani/pedi once a week
- Get a massage once a month
- Wear more color (I tend to wear more grays and blues)
- Get to work on time
- Plan afterwork Martini Monday's and Karaoke Wednesdays
- Attend more kick ass houseparties with my awesome friend's
- More random Thursday & Friday night's
- Commit random, spontaneous acts of kindness.
- Make more vision/inspiration boards for my goals and personal style as shown below
- Go to regional comic cons! Ha!
- Be thankful for what is
What are your anti-resolutions? Please share!