Thursday, March 29, 2012

Be Yourself: Easier as you get older

Realized that my birthday is 2 months away (May 27th) 


I will be 28 years old: WHOA!


Honestly, I used to get the birthday blues; not sure if you guys have experienced it. You think about all the things you didn't do, the fact you are 1 year older and you are wondering what the fuck you should be doing with yourself? (Sorry to be so blunt lol for the PG readers.) I definitely had moments like that around the time of my birthday. 


I was relieved that last year I didn't have the blues at all! My birthday weekend was low key and I loved it.  I surrounded myself with people I really care about. 


Looking back on my 27th year the ups and downs, I am actually more comfortable with myself than I was in my early 20's. I cared a lot what people thought of me when I was younger, held grudges, trying to fit in, and not thinking I was good enough. I don't know when I stopped caring but I am happy I did! There are still a few moments of doubt but I'm working on it (Jan/Feb 2012 were MAJOR learning lessons for me), I know that comes with time. 


I thought it would be appropriate since I am talking about time and personal growth to celebrate the 2nd anniversary of getting my tattoo:

Nirvana Shirt Chaser LA purchase at Singer22
My tattoo is a West African Adinkra symbol:  MMERE DANE, which means symbol of change, life's dynamics.



There have been a lot of changes the past few years, good and bad. I choose to focus on the good and learn from the bad.


I am looking forward to my 28th year and keeping it low key in regards to a celebration. I do want to get a great outfit just because... it's my birthday, fuck yea I'm going to look great lol


I found an old pic of myself at my 25th birthday party.  I have changed since that picture: style-wise and personality.



I know I need to do an outfit post, I'll make it happen this weekend ;) Hope everyone is enjoying their week! 

xoxo
Kosi

3 comments:

  1. I love ring around family for my birthday. Just a few close people and that's all you need I wish I could say they're a time of reflection for me, but I've never been that person. I kind of just go with it.
    Look forward to seeing a new outfit.

    xoxo
    annpaige
    New outfit post - http://annpaigefashion.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. age is just a state of mind :D

    www.thehiddenfairy.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I was freaking out when I turned 30 a few months back. I think it finally hit me. But... I have found myself more comfertable in my "older age" especially with myself. I have also realized what a fucking mess I was in my 20's.. that should be a book on its own. Jesus...

    becks
    http://fabulous-junk.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete