Saturday, March 10, 2012

Zombies, Run! The most awesome fitness app!

THey guys

I found the perfect fitness app for Iphone or Android users: Zombies, Run! This app is a fun way to liven up a workout.


In the world of Zombies, Run!, you are Runner 5, one of the last of humanity after the planet has been taken over by zombies. Your mission is to scout and collect supplies for the community, and that's where the fitness aspect of this game comes in. 

 

 

 

When you set the app to "running" mode, the app tells the story of Runner 5 through your headphones, giving radio orders on what supplies to collect and where to go, interspersed with the sound of approaching zombies.


 You can also use your own music while you're running as well and the app will insert bits of the story between tracks.


When you end the your workout, the app gives stats on your distance, time and pace, and also lists of what supplies you collected. The more supplies you collect, the more you can establish your community and get new missions.

The app is an investment at $7.99 much less than an actual gym membership. I'm taking it a step further getting the "Runner 5" t-shirt on their site:
Me being the sci-fi fanatic I am, I am going to start using this app whenever I get on the exercise bike. I have a feeling it will be more than just a couple of times a week now. I love this!

2 comments:

  1. So funny! I have just discovered your blog and I'm your new follower!
    xoxo
    M.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your comment and following me, doll! xoxo

    http://styleitup-eva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete