Monday, September 9, 2013

Kos' NYFW S14 Entry # 2: Mara Hoffman & Charlotte Ronson

Hey guys!

I spent my Saturday at the tents, it was great running into people who you have been threatening to get a drink with, ha! But seriously it was great!

My first show was Mara Hoffman, she is the queen on exotic prints and swimwear in my book. "There's a Rainbow Warrior moment happening here,” she said backstage before her show started. 

I love that term, happiness all day!  I was so honored to get an invite, I was running super late but managed to get there in time and snap a few pictures. 





Also, I've included official pictures of my favorite looks:









Saturday evening, I attended Charlotte Ronson's S14 presentation, the collection was inspired by the playful souciance of a French gamine. The collection was tongue-in-cheek-sweet with the urban city as the perfect background. Ronson's girl this season is a mix of pretty tomboy with motor jackets and overalls. She add a hint of femininity with cut outs and floral prints. I personally loved her handbags, they screamed out fun and it's been a constant theme for designers for NYFW, for the clothes to have fun. 











I hung around Lincoln Center and was happy to have my dear friend Vicky join me.  We both had the same idea with keeping our outfits chic but minimalistic at the same time. Vicky's jacket was everything!

What was great about Mara Hoffman and Charlotte Ronson was that they are two contemporary brands that included models from different ethnicity's in their shows. Few contemporary brands I've seen at fashion week don't have much variety in the models, yesterday was refreshing. 

The theme for Spring 14 is fun, happiness, variety and not taking ourselves so seriously, I can dig it!

xo
Kosi

No comments:

Post a Comment