Wow time really flies by doesn't it? September is over! October is filled with a lot of great things to look forward to: Halloween, NY comic con, and
October is also National Bullying Prevention Month. A time where communities can unite and raise awareness of bullying prevention through events, activities, outreach, and education. PACER (Parent Advocacy Coalition for Educational Rights) created this campaign in 2006, and it has now turned into a month long effort that encourages everyone to take an active role in the bullying prevention movement.
I was a victim of bullying as a child, I was different from other kids at my school: hair, unique name, and don't eat red meat. People judge what they don't understand. I didn't say anything so I can relate when I hear stories in the media about children being bullied. I post about fashion, comics, pop culture and I knot this is off topic, but I feel it is my social responsibility to share the different ways you can support as it effects so many people:
- Choose Orange-Purchase a Bit Time Cause wrist band for $5.99, that demonstrates your support for keeping schools safe.
- Run, Walk, Roll Against Bullying, Oct.5-A non-competitive run that increases awareness of bullying prevention and raises funds to support the cause. You can find and event in your area or sponsor a participant, like I am doing.
- Unity Day: Wednesday, Oct. 9- Wear the color ORANGE. Wearing ORANGE is a sign that you support those who have been bullied and are uniting to make a difference.
- Add your name to the digital “The End of Bullying Begins With Me” petition
- Tell why “you care about bullying prevention”
For more information on ways you can help please visit the following sites: